Interested in Volunteering?
As a nonprofit event, volunteers are an important part of the magic of the All Souls Con. The Con would not be possible without them.
While volunteering may be fun, you may be asked to work during events you would rather be attending, and the tasks involved are not always glamorous. This means putting the enjoyment of other con goers above your own.
If you are interested in volunteering on site, below you will find a list of open positions. Locals and candidates with event experience are ideal.
Please fill out the volunteer form at the bottom of the page if you would like to be part of the team.
We are looking for 2-3 brave souls, who are organized and customer-service oriented. There will be a lot going on, so we will divide and conquer (i.e. sign up for shifts and/or specific tasks). Tasks include managing the registration and autograph lines, setting up the autograph table, decorating, and assisting with tear down.
Tasks for the 3 volunteers include preparing and sorting the badges, stuffing the attendee bags, manning the registration desk, and possibly assisting with tear down. Locals or those flying in early are ideal as the registration team is needed both during the day prior to the convention and the day of the con.
We are currently seeking 1-2 volunteers to run the silent auctions, sell fan-made items to fund raise, and potentially help vendors set up and tear down in the exhibit area.
We need both professionals and dedicated (and proficient) amateurs to assist in capturing the magic of All Souls Con. A team of roving photographers will work in shifts, taking both candids and posed shots of guests and attendees during the sessions and events.
What Does Working As A Volunteer Entail?
Please note that as a volunteer, you’ll be expected to adhere to a few “common sense” policies:
- Dress code: The convention does not enforce any formal dress code, but we ask that you not wear t-shirts or clothing that might offend guests or convention attendees.
- No use of controlled substances while working for the convention. If you become intoxicated while on duty or report for work while intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance, you will be removed from our volunteer list, ejected from the convention, and barred from becoming a volunteer for future conventions.
- Be helpful and polite: The attendees around you have paid to enjoy the con, whereas you may not have. If you do not know the answer to a question, instead of saying “I don’t know,” say “I’ll find out!”—or direct the person to the area that he/she needs. If all else fails, the convention organizers will have the answer, or they’ll be able to make a referral.
- While you are volunteering at the con, you do not have special privileges; you do not get priority access in autograph lines, or access special fundraising events. If you are not on duty, you have exactly the same privileges as any other convention attendee.
- As a volunteer, you may get a badge and/or t-shirt that will identify you as a volunteer.
Please fill out the form below if you’re interested in volunteering for All Souls Con 2018.