Interested in Volunteering?
As a nonprofit event, All Souls Con runs thank to generous, hard working, magnificent volunteers. Quite simply, our convention wouldn’t be possible without them.
If you’re interested in volunteering on site, below you’ll find a short list of open positions. Locals or those flying in early are ideal.
Please fill out the volunteer form at the bottom of the page if you’d like to be part of the team.
A/V & Tech
Do your friends call you when wifi doesn’t work? Or have you streamed and recorded events before or run A/V? Members of A/V & Tech Team work with the contracted venue to ensure that everything runs smoothly—sound/mics, videos, slide presentations, projectors, lights, etc. We are currently seeking two to three volunteers to run A/V & Tech. We are also looking for professional videographers to live stream and record the event.
We need both professionals and dedicated (and proficient) amateurs to assist in capturing the magic of All Souls Con. A team of roving photographers will work in shifts, taking both candids and posed shots of guests and attendees during the sessions and events.
What Does Working As A Volunteer Entail?
All Souls Con volunteers receive a complimentary pass to the convention. They will also be expected to touch base periodically with the organizers prior to the convention.
Please note that as a volunteer, you’ll be expected to adhere to a few “common sense” policies:
- Dress code: The convention does not enforce any formal dress code, but we ask that you not wear t-shirts or clothing that might offend guests or convention attendees.
- No use of controlled substances while working for the convention. If you become intoxicated while on duty or report for work while intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance, you will be removed from our volunteer list, ejected from the convention, and barred from becoming a volunteer for future conventions.
- Try to be helpful and polite: the attendees around you have paid to enjoy the con, whereas you may not have. If you don’t know the answer to a question, instead of saying “I don’t know,” say “I’ll find out!”—or direct the person to the area that he/she needs. If all else fails, the convention organizers will have the answer, or they’ll be able to make a referral.
- While you’re volunteering at the con, you do not have special privileges; you do not get priority access in autograph lines, or access special fundraising events. If you are not on duty, you have exactly the same privileges as any other convention attendee.
- As a volunteer, you may get a badge and/or t-shirt that will identify you as a volunteer.
Please fill out the form below if you’re interested in volunteering for All Souls Con.